New Old Chair

Well, I told you that I did a second upholstery project and I wanted to share that with you today.
 I have had this little chair for a couple of years and I had intended on reupholstering this as soon as I got it.  I love the style of it and could imagine it painted.  This is the only picture that I could find of it.  Sorry for the bad picture.

I finally had enough courage to attempt this project after I completed the Settee.  I found a fabric that I loved on clearance at JoAnn's.  I decided I was going to paint the frame and distress it in a similar style that I did the settee.
I even sewed the cushion cover, for some reason I was very worried about doing this, but it turned out pretty good. I also decided that since I had enough fabric left to sew a matching pillow for it and even added the piping around it.

I love the way that the distressing brings out all of the details of the chair.

I am really glad that I didn't have to replace the cane on the back of the chair. (that is not very much fun to do). I am very happy with how this little chair turned out. This has now been moved to the bedroom where I have another chair that I may actually paint the fabric.... I'm still trying to work up the courage to do that. ;) Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to check out this little blog of mine. I hope I have inspired you to start that upholstery project that you too have been too skeered to try. Blessings to you,