What started it all

I thought that I would take a minute and revisit what got this whole blog thing started. This is what I made for my granddaughters last Christmas. It was so much fun to do and it is what motivated me to continue my DIY passion. This year I am working on restoring a doll house that my daughters grandfather (on her daddy's side) made her when she was 7 or 8. It is a work in progress and I am not ready to show it yet. I just wanted to repost this to perhaps give you some idea's for a "Christmas project" for your kids or grandkids. I hope it inspires you. :)
ImageI rec
ently created a awesome easel for my two granddaughters for Christmas.  I found these  two baby bed ends and just loved the lines of them.  They had good bones and I knew that I could do something with them.  After looking at Pinterest and several of the other Blogs that I love for inspiration I came up with this.ImageImageImageFirst I filled in all the holes with wood filler and then sanded everything.   I then drilled holes in the bottom where I would later add the locking wheels.  Then I painted everything with paint that I found in the "oops paint" section from Wal-Mart.  The color was originally kind of a pink color that I thought would be fine since my granddaughters both love the color pink.  After I painted the one and only coat it dried to the red color that you see.  I liked it so much that I didn't put a second coat on.  The wood had been dark enough that when I painted the pink color on it dried red, so I just went with it.  While I was waiting for the paint to dry I built the supply tray out of some scrap wood that I had.  I painted the supply tray out of some black spray paint that was left over from spraying the rust on our grill.  Yep.. I sprayed it with grill paint.  I also added both of their names by hot glueing scrabble letters to the bottom of the easel.  I taped off the area that was to be the chalk board side and spray painted with chalk board paint.  I then painted a sealer on everything except the chalk board. I added an inexpensive curtain rod from Wal-Mart to the top to hold the roll of paper for the opposite side of the chalk board and attached a piece of flexible trim to the bottom of the paper area to hold the paper in place while the girls are painting or drawing.  Over all I think it turned out fantastic!  I really enjoyed making this and the total time to make was about 15 hours.

By the way, the girls love their new easel. art stat

I'm sharing this at these great places;
DIY Show Off

Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/2013/11/24/that-diy-party-diy-home/#TCmdtyr5kBPgBiGb.99




Prototype Mama

http://www.upcycleaddict.net/upcycled-baby-bed/